Help Please 1.8 ts is jerking around 4k - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

146 1.6 ts

Help Please 1.8 ts is jerking around 4k

Hi all

Ok where do i start i bought a 156 in dec.09 few days after i bought it the orange light came on then a few days later it went out.
Due to the cold weather just thinking it was damp typical alfa electric problems.
But the car ran great even with light on
Then in jan 10 it came on again this time it stayed on so into garage it went had the codes read there were a few codes stating lambda x4, unknown x1, and maf x1.
the maf was down to me a think as i unplugged it to clean the connector.So the garage man reset it and said have the plugs filter been changed ,it was at this point the work started as it had started to judder a bit only very slight.
things i changed were full set of plugs ,new oil ,engine coolant flush due to new thermostat fitted (old one was nazed)air filter.
this seemed to make car run great for a week then light came back on yet again .
so i left it on kept driving car last week i think it had slowly got worse and then lost power would not rev past 3.5k-4k (LIMP Home mode?)
so back to garage yet again codes read and live data both lambdas were all over the place (1 more then the other) so i changed out bank 2 lambda went for a run it was just as bad jerking around even more stalling when slowing down at a junction so i got thinking MAF so i disconnected it at it ran great but still stalled when stoping but i thought this would happen anyways,1 new maf ordered and fitted.
OK car starts up great drives and pulls fine temp all fluid levels are perfect.but sometimes it judders when doing around 2 .5k you go to accelerate away it then starts but not all the time has any one had this happen to them ?
Plus orange light is still on atm do i need this reset at a garage ?i have had the battery unplugged and done the throt reset thing 90secs at mar then start up and leave 15mins then take out for a drives but light will not go out?
help would be great thx in advance

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

when you get codes read get garage to give you record of them
if you changed maf ,you need code deleted

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT