Used GT oem 17" multi-spoke alloy wheel value - 60 each? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Triumphracer, I have a set for sale if you're interested. No kerb damage and four part-used tyres. See this for a description and pix although as they didn't sell on eBay I'd accept a near offer. Like Intrigued above I'd rather avoid using a courier. I am in Cheshire, are you still connected to Staffordshire as your posts suggest? Free delivery for a good offer!
Sponsored Links
County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

alfa gt

Help alloys

Originally Posted by Intrigued View Post
Within the next month I plan to replace my original fit Alfa Romeo 17" multi-spoke alloy wheels (215/45/17) with an aftermarket set - probably some Mak Velenos with Falken ZE912 tyres. I decided on this course after being quoted 300+ per genuine wheel from a main dealer, and 200 each for a replica, which I couldn't justify paying.

I have also considered getting them fully refurbished (full strip, repair, power coat and respray/laquer) for 55+ VAT each but don't want to lose the car for two days while the wheels are done.

To offset the cost of my aftermarket alloys, I will probably sell my originals so wanted to the forum's views on what they might be worth.

All four are unbuckled but marked to varying degrees. No structural damage, deep gouges or bits broken off/missing but there is surface kerb damage. One is marked almost all the way around the rim. The front pair have Bridgestone Potenzas RE050 tyres on but with only a few milimeters of tread left and slightly more wear on the inner edge as is typical for a GT (and most Alfa's?). The two rears are mismatched Dunlops - one a Sport Maxx and the other whose designation I can't recall. Unfortunately, I ended up with an odd pair after one Sport Maxx was punctured on the shoulder and the tyre place only had a different Dunlop in stock. I'm a bit OCD about mismatched tyres but there you go.

Would these wheels be worth anything to anyone? I guess they could be used:

- to replace a badly damaged wheel(s)
- as a set for winter tyres
- refurbished and re-used in as new condition
- refurbished and sold on - given the cost of originals and replicas, it woulld still be possible to make a profit, perhaps?

Anyway, what would anyone be prepared to pay for these wheels collectively or individually. Would 60 each seem excessive?

Grateful for your views!

Oh, I should add that they are from a GT '54 reg car.
am in dire need of an alloy wheel 17" running on my spacesaver. alloy took a knock and is now toally distorted .tony.
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

03, 156 1.8

The original post was over 18 months ago so I doubt these wheels will still be for sale
(Post Link) post #29 of 31 Old 30-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
Hi all,

That was my original post and the alloys were sold to a fellow Alfaowner member, who was very happy with his purchase.

You could try Verooom, which does replicas of these wheels. I suggest you buy a matching axle set as the offset may be different from the OEM ones.
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

17 inch multispoke alloy for 156

hi do u have any pics
AO Member
County: Hampshire
Originally Posted by v1non View Post
hi do u have any pics
a) The thread is nearly two years old
b) In the post before yours he said he has sold them

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alloy , multispoke , spoke , used gt oem 17 , wheel , 60