GT Door Mirror Covers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 09-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire
GT Door Mirror Covers

After some low life wrecked my GT door mirrors mountings a few nights ago I have been fitting replacements from the Wing Mirror Man. Removing the old ones & fitting the new was fairly straightforward but I've hit a snag with fitting the painted covers from the original mirrors on to the new cases. Managed to coax them off the old mirrors eventually and thought they would just snap on to the new mirror cases but after pushing & shoving for over an hour I can't for the life of me get them to click into place. They do look as though they should fit properly and I can force them into place but the little plastic clips refuse steadfastly to click into place.

I've noticed that a few people on the forum have replaced the standard covers for the satin types so others must have carried out this successfully so what am I doing wrong folks?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

Are the mirrors pattern parts or OEM?
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 09-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Not sure to be honest but they do look absolutely identical and fitted no problem. Alfa dealer wanted 200 each for mirrors and these guys were 60 each so substantial difference in price. They have supplied primed covers seperately with them but I would obviously like to fit the correct painted ones if I can. Didn't want to try the primed ones for fit as they are tricky to remove.
Erm.... I found when I changed my mirror covers that I accidently bent the clips inside the actual mirror, now I know your's are new ones but they may not be clipping into place like they should

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

covers , door , mirror