i'm trying to source some descent tires for the sunny days of the year for my Alfa.
I was checking TyreTest.com - Tyre reviews - an independent consumer survey
but unfortunately most of the tests for the tires seem strange, flat and not verry trustfull or seem to be in conflict. That left me a little confused.
The car (156 Sportwagon 1.9JTD) is in daylie use, aprox. 35tsd kilometers (20tsd miles) a year, long jurneys for the most.
The following things are important to me:
- good braking dry and wet (otherwise the red stuffs would be little obsolete..)
- precise turn in
- balanced grip (wet and dry - i'm no fan of surprises during cornering...)
- low noise (int.)
- compfort (i don't need a sofa, but i do not intend to get something which is bouncing around on the slightest road cracks...)
- normal / low rolling resistance (don't need a fuel waster)
- normal wear (should last 3 Years == 100tsd kilometers)
As this might be important the car will be using the sportspack chamber and Caster setup.
what tires do you use, and why, what are your observations and would you recommend (or don't!) them for daylie use?
thanks in advance