Alarm and key fobs - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 06-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Help Alarm and key fobs

Hi. Bought a 2002 156 2 weeks ago. One key fob worked, one was intermittent and one didn't. I send the broken one to be repaired but now I can't even get the led to flash. Gave up. However, when trying to sync it with the car and then giving up I found that when I set the alarm with the good fob, it alarmed with a long beep and then about 5 seconds later gace 5 short beeps. Odd, and not in the handbook. Then the good fob wouldn't work! Eventually it did. I tried alarming the car from inside and then switching on the ignition. The alarm didn't go off, but the hazards were flashing. Eventually, by taking out and inserting the intermittent fob, again and again, it started working and then when staring the ignition with the alarm on, the alarm did go off. This is all very weird. My biggest fear is that the fobs all stop working, I open the door and the alarm goes off and won't stop. I haven't got the required key to disable the alarm. Any advice very greatly appreciated. Peopl did warn me about Alfa electronics!

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Perth and Kinross
Most of the electronics are made by Bosch....

I've not tried it, but if the alarm is set and not deactivated, it should turn off when you start the car with the key (or switch the ignition on).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alarm , fobs , key