Problems with Alfa 156 Selespeed TS 2.0 (2000) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Well Happy Problems with Alfa 156 Selespeed TS 2.0 (2000)

The car had following problems
- Engine sounds like a diesel car
- Car has some vibrations on the body which can be felt while seating inside or while driving
- After running car for 15 mins the car would turn off and would flash warning light. And the car would start well while gear on “N” but as soon as the gears are engaged, it may turn off or may turn off after a stall.
- While on reverse gear, it feels like the car doesn’t have much power – something like 30 bhp
- It makes click noise sometimes while gears are changed or the rpm increases very high.
- There is some click noise which keeps on happening while the engine is on under the left hand side of bonnet.

As per some advice from Alfa mechanics I have got the timing belt, engine oil, selespeed oil, coolant and Rpm/Crank Sensor changed.
ECU reset has been tried out with no luck and the issue still remains.

Any help is appreciated...
Sponsored Links
County: Wiltshire
This is gearbox, I suspect the mainshaft front bearing as let go and the clutch is now acting as a bearing instead, to prove this remove and insect the speed sensor from the gearbox, it should hav a flat round end to the brass casing, It's the one on the front of the gearbox with the red socket, also it is 22mm in diameter for the spanner or dd socket.
is there any images or videos on net, so that i can look into of what exactly it looks like and have a look at it myself

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 2000 , alfa , crank , diesel , gear , issue , problems , rpm , selespeed