How confusing! When all else fails just smile and try again!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 20-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

Lick How confusing! When all else fails just smile and try again!!

HI Guys,

Well another saturday over and guess what i have been playing with my selespeed again. After getting the selespeed unit working fantastic there is just one fault i cannot cure. IF i up-shift to 2nd above 4000rpm it will not engage 2nd gear(doesnt skip it) if i change below 4000rpm it slips in perfectly. So today i started to play with sensors etc etc. After changing quite a few and changing the clutch speed sensor it still happens. Checked the clutch rod length set it to 28.39 and at least this time it stays at 28.39mm and yet it still happens. No matter what i try it will not engage 2nd over 4000rpm. The car changes great up-shift and down-shft and this is the only fault. I keep smiling because each time i try something i test drive it to see if it is cured although its not it is still great fun to drive. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated co i am back at it tomorrow ready for work on monday. These cars are so addictive i have now just bought a lovely 147 selespeed aswell. Cheap because...wait for it..... yep ur right it has a problem on the selespeed!! hehe

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

confusing , fails , smile