147 brake & suspension upgrade - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 19-02-10 Thread Starter
County: Antrim

Member car:

alfa 147 ti

147 brake & suspension upgrade

hi every1,

I have a 147 lusso 1.6 and i have a few questions, hopefully some1 can answer most of them, firstly i was thinking of upgrading my front disc as they need changed and was going to replace them with EBC turbo grooved and dibbled disc aswell as greenstuff pads, any recomandations?

Secondly i wanted to lower the car by 35mm and was thinking of using APEX Springs and just wanted to know does any one have a better brand or soluation and will the needs to change the shocks?

Thirdly i was told to use fully synthetic oil 10w/60 but the car is only a 1.6 and i am not sure if this is the right oil needed for the car?

I have fitted a K&n Filter, the nose is amazin i recommand it highly but the remap needs to be done so the mix between air and fuel can be mixed properly. I was hoping does any one know of a good exhust to make a nice note and not use alot of fuel?

I hope i havent asked to many questions for my first time ...

thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Durham

Member car:

Alfa Spider

There is lots of kit available for your car the EBC are a good choice and lots of people on here seem to like the Eibach spring kits. You won't need to swap the shocks if the originals are in good condition but if you can afford a full suspension kit its worth the extra. Performance exhausts, Suspension kits, Alloy wheels, Performance air filters | Aktiv I think there is a guy on most forums called opie oils who seem to know all there is to know about oil engine oil, motor oil, gear oil, car oil, motorbike oil, transmission fluid from oilman at Opie Oils fitting an exhaust should not use more fuel unless you like the sound of it and rev the engine more, I'm sure the Supersprint importer is contibuter on here also if you can track him down.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , brake , suspension , upgrade