My new 156 1.9jtd! however.... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 11-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Galway
My new 156 1.9jtd! however....

After looking through numerous websites and scroolled through hundreds of newspapers I finally found a good alfa for little money in Italy. A 2000 156 1.9jtd with 173000km on the clock, so about 110000, just needs lower wishbones and has been hit at the back, by hit i mean bumper pushed in a bit and boot, but lights and boot still work, got all this for 650euro! What I wanted to ask is if this engine would be good with a remap, as I have a 2.4 10v and the difference in power is unbelievable, although the 1.9 is gutsy. Also I noticed that my fuel economy is not so great, my 2.4 does more, could this be due to the wishbones? or should i just remap it as the wishbones are being fixed next week.
Ah another thing, anyone got experience with this engine and if its reliable? cheers
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Being a year 2000 it'll be the 8v engine with the 5 speed box - not very exciting. And with that mileage and condition I think you're urinating in the wind quite honestly

But as a project sure a good one to muck around with.

Last edited by Spider95; 11-02-10 at 15:26.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 19jtd