Audio input solution for GT needed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 08-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Audio input solution for GT needed

Hi guys. I'm trying to find the best way of getting either an audio jack or iPod connector into my 2006 GT with Bose sound-system to use with my iPhone.

I know there is an 'official' Alfa iPod kit for the GT, but the local Alfa guys don't import it (I'm in South Africa) - I've also heard that the kit is pants, so I'm wondering if there are better options before I try to import the official one?

I'd even settle for just an audio jack input, but not sure if that's possible without changing the head unit - an option I'm not keen on.

I'd also like a bluetooth connection for my phone. If this could handle audio as well then it would save me having to get anything with cables. It'd be great if I could send audio and handle calls wirelessly.

Also, I don't suppose anyone has found a way around the default audio volume setting of 20? Driving me crazy!
Sponsored Links
Admin Team

Member car:

Not a GT

There's a Blaupunkt Bluetooth adaptor which will give you handsfree and audio streaming as well as a USB port for direct playback of MP3s. It uses the CD changer port.
The Blaupunkt part number is 7607545500 and you'll also need an adaptor 7607001500.

See the thread here;
AO Member

Member car:

Hi -
I have the 'official' lead in the GT and it works fine just doesn't display any info on the radio display. Haven't spent any time working out if it should though.

In our Volvo I use the Parrot MK9000i Parrot - Hands free systems which does bluetooth handsfree, streams audio from the phone and you can also plug in an ipod etc.
It works and sounds fine but actually uses it's own little amp to supply the sound direct to the speakers so if you are a real audio nut it may not be good enough for you.

Alfa GT JTS Selespeed. Previously 2.0TS Sele Sportwagon, 1.8TS 156
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 09-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
Thanks for the responses. The Blaupunkt kit looks like the way to go, so I'll move this over to that thread.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

audio , input , needed , solution