story so far 156 - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Platinum Member
County: Surrey
If you can get hold of alfadiag you can read out the real time data ... this includes fuel pressure, MAF readings, throttle position etc etc ... at least that way you might be able to pin point where an error might be ...
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
my mate hada very similar problem on his peugeot , he called the AA out and be;lieve it or not the exhaust had basically fallen apart in the rear silencer and was causing a blockage leading to breathing problems. The xhaust wasnt blowing at all it just struggled to pull away. The AA guy just hammered a big hole in the box so he could drive it to get a replacement.
worth checking that out. I get the feeling its something very silly and simple to repair once you find the problem of course.
(Post Link) post #28 of 28 Old 22-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Edinburgh

Member car:

156 TS 2.0

hi again,
So the story is I bought an alfa 156 TS 2.0 from ponteland,On my trip home it started jumping and jerking like it was getting no fuel.
I replaced the thermostat cause it was stuck open and I also tried out a new Maf and lambada sensor to no avail.Car still had the same problems. I spent a lot of time taking spark plugs out testing and checking fuel pump ,fuel lines,injectors and so on . Again to no avail.
I even replaced a throttle posistion sensor and cleaned out the throttle body again to no avail!!!
Eventually I gave in and took it to an alfa garage at loanhead in edinburgh on a car trailer!
! He has had the car one day and phoned me tonight to say it was fixed!
Apperentley it had a whole host of wireing problems,snapped and not conected properly. This is due to the constant removal and so on of the plugs by last owner and myself looking for the problem in the first place.
Words can not describe how relived I am ! 150 for his time and thats it ,no spare parts or other fixes needed.
Anyway the moral of the story is I should of bitten the bullet and got it straight to an alfa guy straight away instead of trying to self diagnose.

For anyone who needs an alfa expert in Edinburgh area It is McLennans alfa at Loan head ! Superb service and friendly to boot!

Andy D

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , story