159 2.4 20007 plate
19,500 DPF/EGR by
AO Silver Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Hi all. Just changed the heater control bulbs in my sons 147 51 plate.The bulbs are accessed from the rear of the control unit but are easy to access:-
BEFORE YOU START - the above post by Alid1 is wrong (certainly for the early model) they are NOT surface mount LEDs. However the bulbs are soldered to the holders but the holders are bayonet fitting and are removed with a simple twist of the holder. You need some of these R509TDBK 12v 1.2w as they come complete with the holder. It is unlikely that you will get them from a local supplier and they are NOT available from Halfrauds. A quick internet search will get some and usually much cheaper if bought in a box of 10. I bought 10 from ebay for £9.98 delivered.
1. Open both the cup holder and credit card or coin holder (call it what you will.)
2. Pull out and slightly upwards on the two trays. You do need to pull fairly hard and it then pops out.
3. This reveals two (3mm I think) allen headed screws. Remove these and the heater panel easily pulls out.
4. The bulbs are in individual holders on the rear of the panel and come out with 1/4 anti clockwise twist. They are recessed and you need needle nose pliers to get at them.
5. Re-installation is reverse of removal.
If you have the bulbs complete with holders before you start that's 15 mins tops.
Last edited by kandlbarrett; 07-01-12 at 12:39.