156 2.4 JTD Has me demented! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Durham

Member car:

156 1.9 JTD

Originally Posted by Tigger23 View Post
Had the car into Lyles today, and there were 9 faults logged!! They tested the EGR valve and it wasn't working at all, so they put another used one on to test it (I had a spare in the boot) and it's 'apparently ' behaving itself. They say I need a new EGR as the spare was sticking intermittantly, but the workshop manager, Ian, says the cars been mapped (badly) and everything wound up to the max!! This is causing it to overfuel badly so even a new EGR will soot up quickly. I'm going to get it remapped properly but should I blank the EGR off or fit a new unit first? He did comment that it was one of the quickest he's tried... but it won't last long this way. What do you fellas think about Angel Tuning (as we can't get the car to the other tuners)? Cheers.
HI m8, I'm in Durham and I've just had me 1.9jtd remapped by TD Performance - BMW VW AUDI Ford Vauxhall, Remap,Tuning Box, TDI CDTI DTI CRDI TDCI More BHP Less MPG lad called jason from Fence houses. Was good crack and really helpful. Tell him you saw his facebook page for 10% discount. Cost me 270 inc the discount, had it done 2 weeks ago car been spot on. Oh aye he's mobile too if needs be
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 29 Old 09-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
Spoke to Nigel at Angel Tuning today and he's coming over on Saturday. His suggestion is to flash the ecu with a standard map, check everythings ok with the motor etc. then, if it is, proceed with a map suited to my wifes driving style. If theres anything not right mechanically when running the standard map, then we'll sort it out before the remap...can't say fairer than that. Hopefully it'll all be sorted by next week, then she'll be happy and I can concentrate on the bodywork! Oh, and Alfalincs, I couldn't tell you were wound up..... much!! Thanks for all the replies fellas.
AO Member
County: Lancashire
The exact reason I stayed away from a remap! - seems a bit hit and miss and the 2.4 is plenty without it IMHO
AO Platinum Member
County: Surrey
Originally Posted by harpersimon View Post
The exact reason I stayed away from a remap! - seems a bit hit and miss and the 2.4 is plenty without it IMHO
You just need to be careful where you take you car (just like which garage you trust to service it ...)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , demented , jtd