Hmm. Is it really P1175 and P1172 error codes?
Been searching the previous threads but not found anything quite right...so here goes.
For some time I've been having the MCSF message and steady engine light on my low mileage (25K) 2004 156 2.0. Been to indy Alfa garage who changed the MAF (that'll fix it sir). Light came back on 2 days later. Back to garage who claimed its an air leak but couldn't find it. Light back on 2 days later. Back to garage who now want to replace the Lambdas. I smelt a rat:
1. Because they admit they are guessing
2. Its starting to add up and getting costly
3. Just had the mighty cambelt service too
4. The car drives JUST FINE! No flat spots, no bad consumption, no discernable change at all.
5. Car passed an MOT so no bad emissions problem either.
Got my own code reader and I've found P1175 (Cam control fault/mixture 2 strength) and P1172 (Rotor control fault/mixture 1 strength) which appear to be fuel/air related.
Do i keep throwing money at this, or is there something else I should be doing?