20V jtd driveshaft re-con - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 03-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Western Isles

Member car:

Alfa Red GT Q2

20V jtd driveshaft re-con

This might be of interest to anyone with a 20V jtd 156.

I sent my nearside driveshaft to Bob at Driveshaft UK on Monday for repair. They called today to confirm that it was ready and to check the return address and if I was happy to pay an extra £4 for next day delivery.

I live on the Western Isles of Scotland so shipping can take some time and their mainland based courier could only guarantee delivery within 5 working days....

So I was absolutely delighted that they had taken the time to find the fastest way to get it back to me!

Until I get it I cannot confirm the quality of the job but it cost me £99 + VAT including the return delivery by Royal Mail Special Delivery is great value.

I will post again once I have checked out the quality of the work but (hopefully) Driveshaft UK will be added to my favourites!

"When you sit in a Focus RS or a Golf R32 it’s like sitting in a commercial for Lynx aftershave. When you sit in an 147 GTA it’s like sitting in a Venetian’s hand-made suitcase." J.Clarkson 2003.

Current fleet: 156 Sportwagon jtd 16V (facelift) 2.4 Spider, Leon Cupra SC
Projects: Spider S4, Matra Murena 2.2
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Perth and Kinross

What work were they doing on the driveshaft?
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 04-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Western Isles

Member car:

Alfa Red GT Q2

I received the driveshaft today. Quality looks excellent. Inner CV and boot completely replaced. New boot is standard shape as the cup part is now round! Outer CV checked out (it was showing no signs of wear) re-greased and fitted with a new boot as a precaution. Service absolutely fantastic!

Don't forget I live on a Scottich Island, so to send a driveshaft in the post on a Monday and get it back fully sorted by Thursday is brilliant!

Cost was £99 + VAT including the return Special Delivery by Royal Mail. UK mainland collection and return services are offered and the cost may even be less.

Phone Bob for a quote. Happy for you to say that I recommended him. The numbers are 01902 602103 or 07808000550.

Website is Driveshaft UK

AO Member
Thumbs Up

Europarts delivered a. New driveshaft which turned out to be the wrong one , so out of frustration I got one from Amc Alfa dealer in Chelmsford , the price was 143 plus vat which turned out to be 20 quid cheaper and delivered the next day , europarts took the best part of a week so if you need a 20 v shaft don't write the dealers off.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

20v , driveshaft , jtd , recon