147 rear bearings - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: -
147 rear bearings

I have a problem with left rear bearing on my 147. It started as a ABS ASR VDC problem.
When I took off the rear brake disc I saw that the ABS magnetic ring on the bearing is falling apart. There is only about 2/3 of the ring left on the bearing.

Now I have 2 options. Buy a new one for about 100, or get used one from crashed 147 (with about 80.000km on it) for ~20.
What do you think. Is it worth buying used bearing, or will it only give me problems?

Also, are all bearings for 147 the same? I looked at the ePer, and there are two part numbers available, but it doesent say what the difference is.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Hi there,

I did this job a few weeks back on my wife's 147. In my opinion you will not be able to remove the bearing from an old car without destroying it. I posted a guide with pics on this task in this thread:

You will see that the puller tool required to remove the bearing also broke it in two - it seems this always happens. For the effort involved, buy a new one - fitting it is easy. Just buy the one with the correct ABS ring (there are two kinds from memory - any supplier worth his salt will ask for your cars details and source you the right one. EB Spares did describe the differences to me at the time, but I have since forgotten).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , bearings , rear