Issues with Dealer - Creaking Brake Pedal!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 22-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

GT Blackline

Help Issues with Dealer - Creaking Brake Pedal!!

Can anyone give me some advice please,

I recently had some warranty work done on my GT blackline. Had a new brake master cylinder fitted as well as new brake fluid.

As soon as I picked up my car I noticed that the brake pedal started to creak. It had never done so before. The creaking does not occur all the time but mostly happens If I lightly press down on the brake pedal repeatedly and also on sudden breaking (pressing quickly on the pedal). It feels as though the pedal is grating against something!!!

Now I phoned the dealer as soon as I noticed this which was on the same day I picked it up. Was told to bring it back in to have a look at.

Just took car back in today and they lubricated the pedal - Made no difference whatsoever.

They said nothing else could be done apart from taking the whole thing apart which would be a further expense to me as my car is in its 3rd yr dealer warranty and this is not covered by that being a 'wear and tear' issue

Obviously I was just a bit annoyed by this and explained the creak never happened before I brought the car in.

I was told that this problem could not have been caused my them because no work was done on the brake pedal which I find hard to believe.

So... Does anybody know whether when replacing the brake master cylinder and brake fluid would this result in any work being carried out on the brake pedal?????

All I know is I've taken my car in due to the brake master cylinder failing and now I've come out with a creaking brake pedal

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

It sounds to me as if there is (quite reasonably) greater resistance from the new master cylinder that is loading the pedal bushes, hence the noise.

That is presumably why the garage lubricated the pedal.

If the braking function itself if fine I would be inclined to see if the noise reduces as the linkage beds in.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

brake , creaking , dealer , issues , pedal