Newbie Help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 18-01-10 Thread Starter
County: Kent
Newbie Help

Hi all,
today i bought my first alfa, a 156 TSpark Veloce, have always wanted one and so was happy to make the purchase, i have noticed a few things that i thought may be quicker to get some guidance from you more experienced alfa owners.
firstly i have noticed a quite drastic oil leak! mainly on drivers side of the engine but there is a lot coming out.
i have also noticed on the same side that the suspension makes a clunk sound on bumpyish roads, could this be some kind of bush? joint?
and finally the remote central locking doesn't work off the key, have changed the bettery but still nothing.
all help/ideas would be greatly recieved and apologies if this is posted in the wrong place p.s. i cannot take car back as bought from an auction

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London
You need to trace the whereabouts of the leak to get some good info from the people on the site. How much oil is leaking, and is it leaking whilst stationary /is it leaking more when the engine is running.
As for the key start by changing the battery in the key fob.
The front end knock could be few things , best to do a search on the site
Hi, as above regarding oil leak, pm chris he fixes keys and did a very good job on mine and many others on AO and as for the knocks, it could be upper or lower suspension wishbones, drop links or ARB bushes. Go to your region lounge and someone will recommend a good indie to help you find the source of the oil leak & knocks
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 20-01-10 Thread Starter
County: Kent

thanks guys, it looks like oil leak is rocker cover gasket, need to find a good alfa parts dealer now, any suggestions?

many thanks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT