Right then, here we go. Mrs Shiney has just bought herself a very nice 156 TS Lusso, 1.8l, 2001 'Y' plate in red with 107K on the clock. Very lovely it is too! It drives a treat, much better than the BMW she had previously.
As you'd expect on a 9 year old car, there are one or two little niggles that we want to get sorted out before too much longer.
1) The temperature gauge barely gets above 50 in normal driving conditions, occasionally nudging upto 70 ish in a queue. Everything I know tells me this is the thermostat stuck open, apart from the warm air blowing from the vents. Normally (on most other cars anyway, Alfa's may differ) a stuck 'stat will leave you with no heat from the vents. Am I right or should I be looking elsewhere?
2) Paintwork. There's a bit of a scrape on the osr arch, where it looks like the prev. owner has got a bit close to the garage door or gatepost, as well as a couple of stone chips and carpark dings. Where's the best place to source a touch up pot and where will I find the paint code?
3) Doorhandles, the button sticks in, which isn't the end of the world but it's a bit of a nuisance. Do I need to strip it down to lube it all up, or will a bit of WD40 sort it out?
4) It's had an aftermarket stereo fitted. If you're listening to the radio and switch on the heated rear screen, the radio reception disappears. I think it's probably a bad earth on the stereo, but I just wondered if anyone else has had this...?
5) Rear windows are dead as a dodo, both sides. I don't think it's a fuse as according to the magic book of ownership they're individually fused, and share a circuit with one of the fronts. Is this a common thing? Do I need to go relay hunting or get busy inside the door with a circuit tester?
I think that's all for now
and sorry for the long post, but i thought i'd get it all done in one hit. Any help, information, abuse or general comments gratefully received!