Loving my Alfa more
and more each day..
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United Kingdom
replaced my thermostat today
well what a easy job that was....
picked up a complete replacement from local motor factors for £30... and did it this morning in about 35 mins... hardest bit was getting the hoses off....
and you may ask why... well i noticed the temp gauge was not getting above 60... which i thought was odd.. but after a bit of reading on here, seams to be quite a common issue... so now it reads just off 90...
so for any of you thinking about it... do it... very easy...
couple of tips..
1 only loosen both hosing bolts, then undo the temp sensor, its a 20mm i only had a 22mm spanner.. worked fine... then take off as much of the pipe work with the housing still on the engine... and the pipes and well stuck on...
i also replaced the clip with new jubilee clips as the std push type are a nightmare to re fix without the correct tool..
hope this helps