Sparky, if I've read your posts right, the engine turns over but is sluggish and doesn't fire?
1) Is that battery ok? Check it with a meter, you should see at least over 12.5V and preferably around 13v if it's good and holding charge. Any lower and you need to replace it;
2) Check the starter motor. If the battery is okay but the starter isn't turning the engine over properly it could be either the solenoid that's not contacting properly or the clutch that's worn;
(Both these would fit with the 'clicking' noise you said the previous owner mentioned).
3) Are you sure the fuel in the tank is petrol and the previous owner's not filled it with diesel by accident? Daft question perhaps, but you never know!
4) Check the plugs are (a) clean - should be dry and pale brown-grey, (b) not damaged, ie. electrodes all present and correct, gaps right, etc., (c) the correct type;
5) Are you getting a good spark? Should be a nice fat, blue-white;
6) Various warning lights will come on (often at random, it's an Alfa!) so don't be too concerned about these just yet