Steering problem after changing the power steering pump.
- I had a problem with steering in alfa, namely, it it didn;t stop working, just the contrary, it worked with greater force. Just touching the steering wheel casused the wheels to turn fast. Besides there was a strange sound that could be heard just behind the steering wheel. Sth like bubbles running through a pipe with high pressure.
- I have just got my power steering pump changed. Now turning is better but still not as it used to be. It turns a little bit too quick. I can't get used to that. As if I was playing a game with a steering wheel and at the same time didn't have enough control over the car.
- The pumps' changed but the sound remained. It only occurs while turning the steering wheel as if there was sparkling water running through a pipe just behind the steering wheel or the speedometer.
- Can it be a rotary valve? If there is such a thing in alfa, of course. Its purpose is to assist the driver only when he is exerting force on the steering wheel (such as when starting a turn). When the driver is not exerting force (such as when driving in a straight line), the system shouldn't provide any assist. But still don't know if alfa has got it...
- Or maybe it's a reconditioned rack?
Last edited by ideally; 12-01-10 at 15:02.