156 Wipers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 11-01-10 Thread Starter
County: Hampshire

Member car:

alfa romeo 156

156 Wipers

Hi All,

My wipers have packed up on my 156 53 plate. The fast wipe however has never worked since i brought the car.

I have checked all fuses and they seem fine. Is there a relay?? Or is this all controlled with the modual on the actual wiper motor?

I have started to take apart to see if i can get them going, but am struggling taking the cover off which surrounds the bottom of the windscreen. After removing the wiper arms and unscrewing about 5 fixings i still cant seemm to remove the cover.

Does anyone have any ideas or past experience of this???

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Durham

Member car:

147 Q2

The cover is just on friction clips, after taking the 5 screws out pull it UPWARDS. Refitting requires tapping it down with your hand but be careful, my screen cracked the day afterwards

My wipers did the same (no fast wipe either), never got to the bottom of it. I was told the motor was at fault but on taking it apart there didn't seem much wrong with it - wondered if it was the middle control box instead? There is a thread where someone had an auto electriciam re-solder a short there. IMHO the scuttle well is badly designed and collects too much damp to locate electrical components there.
AO Gold Member
If you've managed to get the twp phillips screws out at each end of the trim (Under circular plugs at the bottom of the screen pillars) and undone the tiny torx-head bolts along the front edge of the trim, then the trim does pull off as said......

156 and GTV wiper motors / mechanisms do seem to be relatively prone to failure....I've sold quite a lot of them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , wipers