Any 156 owners interested in swapping for a 166? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 10-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Falkirk
Any 156 owners interested in swapping for a 166?

As the title suggests just testing the water here to see if anyone is interested in swapping their 156 for my 166 2.5 V6 24V? Due to current financial constraints I've been agonising over getting something more economical to run for the last couple of months and would be willing to swap if someone has a very good 156 but fancies something a bit different. I may yet keep it but if the right 156 comes up I'd be very interested.

My car is a 2000 X reg in Ontario Blue Metallic with beige leather interior. It has approx. 98k miles on the clock, 3 previous owners with a full service history and has had the all important timing belt, idlers, tensioner & metal impellor waterpump replaced about 3k miles ago. It's MOT'd until October 2010 and taxed until the end of March. The car is in very good condition mechanically, externally and internally. It had the clutch replaced at 88k miles, it has a full stainless steel exhaust system and is also on the 17" Horshoe alloys with a full size spare in the boot. For the last MOT I had the two front springs replaced with uprated Eibach items. I have the rear springs but have yet to fit them but they will be supplied with the car. I can also supply a set of Koni adjustable shocks with the car if the right deal is met. The only faults that I know of on the car is that the NSF top wishbone needs replaced (which I was going to do when I got round to fitting the Konis) and the cruise control doesn't work which I have been told is a faulty switch on one of the pedals as the 'cruise' check light illuminates on the dash when you start up.

I'm really fussy about my cars and as such this one has been well looked after by me and all the previous owners. I value the car around 2200 given the history and the work done to it but ideally I'd be looking for a 156 of similar age or newer plus cash my way. The car would have to be in as good condition as mine and have the following:

1) Full service history with average mileage.
2) Low owners and currently enthusiast owned.
3) At least 6 months MOT and 3 months road tax.
4) As many of the big jobs as possible carried out to save me doing them - ie clutch, suspension, exhaust, etc.
5) Recent belt and tensioner change with receipt to prove. Balance belts and preferably variator change too.
6) Ideally a 2.0l but would take a 1.8l - no V6s.
7) Saloon or Sportwagon - not fussed.
8) Must be a veloce with leather.
9) Preferably silver or black, poss Alfa Red if not faded!

I'm based in Central Scotland so ideally I'd be looking for someone who is fairly local to me as a long travel journey to meet up may just waste everyones time. Anyway, PM me if you want more details or want to give me details of your car if you think I'd be interested. I'll probably end up putting the car up for sale at some point but thought I'd try this method first seeing as it's a 156 I fancy trying next.

Last edited by ScottT1974; 10-01-10 at 21:22.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 166 , interested , owners , swapping