About to purchase an alfa GT - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire
Originally Posted by leej024 View Post
haha yeah? what sort of performance increase can I expect from doing that? And also how much do you think it would cost?

For a remap you are probably looking at around £300. In return you could hike the power to anywhere up to around 210bhp I believe.

General consensus is that taking the power to around 200bhp is about as far as you want to go so as not to put undue strain on components.

Alternatively I had mine modified by Mangoletsi in Knutsford and I am delighted with the performance increase. There is some controversy on here however about how it is done as Mangoletsi have not wished to post details on a public forum. I suggest speaking directly to John at Mangoletsi to who will tell you all about it in detail.

I was attracted to the latter as Mangos are a reputable main dealer and are also where I got my car from. There are a number of well respected remap companies who promote their services on AO too however who have excellent reputations and numerous satisifed customers.

Do some research and see what you think. At least this gives you something else to occupy you whilst you wait for your perfect GT to come up for sale!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cambridgeshire
Mine's had all the bits done, service, waterpump, remap, pristine condition, you could always try to twist my arm to sell it, others have and been unsuccesful but everyone has a price. (Private Plate and Raggazzon will be removed and reverted to originals)
AO Silver Member
County: East Dunbartonshire
Don't know where these cheap GT's are suddenly springing up from. I bought my July 06 plate stromboli grey GT JTD in December, with FSH and 30K for £9780 and was delighted. I had looked around and at the same price was either older cars, much higher mileage or a bit dog-eared. I took advice from a mate who deals a bit in cars and apparently trade book was £10500 retail at £11,500 so I went for it. Even '04/54plate cars were nudging the 8 grand mark and above when I was looking.
For the record, apparently Alfa values ARE on the rise with Brera, 159, GT and even 166's all rising in value for around 2-3 months running so something is happening out there. In one month alone, Brera diesels recorded a £250 increase in book value. All for the better in my opinion . . .

Si puo nascere Alfista, si puo anche diventare Alfista.
Ma si muore sempre come Alfista

AO Silver Member
County: Cambridgeshire
As people warm to them demand is outstripping supply, I hope this trend doesn't continue as I like not seeing many GTs on the road when I'm out and about in mine.............................
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

Have you checked all the usuals:-

- Pistonheads
- AutoTraded
- Exchange & Mart
- Car Giant
- CarSource
- Cars by Mail
- Alfa dealer websites
- Ebay

(Post Link) post #56 of 56 Old 12-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands
I've had a look on most of those but some of those i haven't heard of so I'll take a look! Thanks a lot!

- Lee

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , purchase