156 - Good in the snow? - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

156 veloce

Handbrake and wipers are 2 of the main concerns.took mine out this morning for the first time in a week. Went first time , foot on clutch, to start it, then just a few revs to wake it up.We have a thaw now and the wipers were still clinging to the windscreen, very important to check this detail; as an oversight cost a lot of trouble.
It only fired on 3 and a half pots for the first minute but then broke into a sweet note, as I took it for 3 MILE SPIN. Temp up to 90 and rides nicely thro the slush, Might just draw off some anti freeze an refill with neat from the bottle,just in case we drop down to -10c
The fuel gauge is all to pot, hope that it sorts itself out after the freeze. Not many Alf's will escape this weather without a bill of some type.
The right gear, coupled with the right revs, makes driving so much easier.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Dumfries and Galloway
i didn't have any probs with the car in my 156 gta in the snow apart from loads of wheel spin even in 6th, (found out prob something to do with no tread on tyres) nothing to replace, was lucky cause we had some very cold conditions up north but car is still running good

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , good , snow