156 v6 MAF SUPRISE (PLEASE READ) - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

AO Gold Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

The connector is quite difficult to get off. It has a flat tab which needs to be pushed down at the end near the wires, the other end of the tab will then come up and release the lock. It is 100 times easier to take a small screw driver and put it under the end of the flat tab and lift it up, this releases the lock and the connector can be pulled off.

The MAF sensor is held tightly into the housing with 2 screws, remove these and the sensor can be taken out. I just dont understand why the prices are so crazy when its just the sensor that you need.

couple of pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAF connector.jpg (53.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg MAF sensor.jpg (96.9 KB, 35 views)

156 2.5 V6 24v, Cosmos Blue Metallic, Tan Leather, 17” GTA's, 225/45 Michelin PS2's, Full Zender body kit, GTA Headlights, Eibach springs, Koni FSD's, Eibach Anti-roll bars, Ferrari 360 Brembo calipers, DS2500 pads, Squadra ECU, 45mm Intake Runners, Carbon Intake, Dan & Wizard exhaust

156 2.5 V6 Qsystem, Red + Red Leather, Bilstein dampers, DS2500 pads...soon Brembo calipers, 17" GTV Teles

Last edited by Pascs; 23-04-10 at 08:48.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

keithyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by selimgencoglu View Post
Hi guys,
I found Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 v6 MAF with Bosch number 0280217531 on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Air-flow-mass-...item3ef7e35e7c

It is very affordable..don't you think?
Not a Bosch one though.

Edit: Ignore me, I'm a bit slow.

Last edited by keithyboy; 23-04-10 at 15:23.

keithyboy

My '01 car did have the wrong MAF in it, part number 0280218019 (should be 0281002309). The part number on the sensor is F 00C 2G2 013 not 2 030.

It's worth noting though that it ran faultlessly with the wrong MAF until it packed up.

AO Member

County: Stara Zagora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascs View Post
it just seems crazy that the cost for the V6 is so different to other MAFs using the same sensor.
No, it's crazy that this becomes public just 15 - 20 months ago. And no one notice this until now.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithyboy View Post
My '01 car did have the wrong MAF in it, part number 0280218019 (should be 0281002309). The part number on the sensor is F 00C 2G2 013 not 2 030.

It's worth noting though that it ran faultlessly with the wrong MAF until it packed up.
Yep - have many friends that run CF2 MAF's on CF3 engines, with no worry, but sensor number is different, and no matter that it shows same performance and Alfadiag readings, still not 100% sure if it's all OK.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

My wife has bought the genuine Bosch MAF for the Vauxhall in the UK (0 281 002 180) and should have it on Tuesday so will see how it works in the V6 - paid £75 from Bosch distributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmaster View Post
No, it's crazy that this becomes public just 15 - 20 months ago. And no one notice this until now.
Had seen this some time ago but just dont have easy access to those parts in this country
AO Gold Member

County: Merseyside

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmaster View Post
Yep - have many friends that run CF2 MAF's on CF3 engines, with no worry, but sensor number is different, and no matter that it shows same performance and Alfadiag readings, still not 100% sure if it's all OK.
thats what been doing my head in according to bosch they have different voltage readings for air flow curve
my v6 should have 044 in but its got 030 sensor, so i wouldnt know unless i had dyno back to back results with correct sensor
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

saxo vtr

I managed to get my MAF sensor unplugged today and the car ran much better, no flat spots and it just seemed to pull better.

I clearly need a new MAF sensor but Ive got no idea which part number I need? Where can I find this out please? The cheapest option that is..
AO Silver Member

County: -
Re: 156 v6 MAF SUPRISE (PLEASE READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntense
I managed to get my MAF sensor unplugged today and the car ran much better, no flat spots and it just seemed to pull better.

I clearly need a new MAF sensor but Ive got no idea which part number I need? Where can I find this out please? The cheapest option that is..
If you unscrew the sensor itself and remove it, there are 2 screws only, the part number should be on the sensor itself.
You'll need a torx driver but not sure what size.
Also don't buy any other make than Bosch, big mistake.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntense View Post

take maf off car and remove sensor and put maf no and sensor no on here so i can do search etc
keithyboy

To clarify this a bit, my '01 2.0 TS should have a Bosch 0 281 002 309 MAF with an F00C2G2030 sensor in it? My old CF2 MAF should have the same sensor but it doesn't.

If part number 0 281 002 180 is the correct Vauxhall one with an F00C2G2030 there's a Vauxhall breaker on ebay who's got a stack of used ones for £20 a piece.

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithyboy View Post
If part number 0 281 002 180 is the correct Vauxhall one with an F00C2G2030 there's a Vauxhall breaker on ebay who's got a stack of used ones for £20 a piece.
Don't buy used.....
(Post Link) post #63 of 143 Old 24-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

2000 156 2.5 v6

Don't even bother with a used one, trust me i've tried it in the past. Just get a new one and be done with it.
It's not worth the hassle

cheers
AO Member

Member car:

saxo vtr

where exactly on the MAF sensor is the part number, had a quick look yesterday but couldnt find it?
AO Gold Member

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

Quote:
where exactly on the MAF sensor is the part number, had a quick look yesterday but couldnt find it?
on side of sensor and it will start with F 00C *** ***

you can see it on rarebears attatchment under bosch if you zoom in
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

The actual sensor part number is on the sensor itself which is inside the housing and very difficult to see - on mine I could just make it out when using a torch.

You really need to remove the MAF sensor from the housing and then its easy to read
AO Member

County: Highlands
hi peeps my maf just went, had a spare 2nd hand one lying about, so is doing the job at the mo ,, where is cheapest place to get a bosch replacement, i do have a cf3 v6 , but i will be buying 1.6 sensor only,
have been keeping up on speedmaster threads, very informative, keep up the good work folks,,
and as of the price difference of a v6 sensor and the others for same sensor in essence ,its called daylight robbery
AO Gold Member

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBELL71 View Post
hi peeps my maf just went, had a spare 2nd hand one lying about, so is doing the job at the mo ,, where is cheapest place to get a bosch replacement, i do have a cf3 v6 , but i will be buying 1.6 sensor only,
have been keeping up on speedmaster threads, very informative, keep up the good work folks,,
and as of the price difference of a v6 sensor and the others for same sensor in essence ,its called daylight robbery
your sensor in yours should be F00C 2G2 044 i believe 1.6 is a F00C 2G2 030
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by davealfa11 View Post
your sensor in yours should be F00C 2G2 044 i believe 1.6 is a F00C 2G2 030
I confess I have found this all a bit confusing. So I have just gone outside and pulled the MAF from my 2000 V6. Had this puppy from nearly new as a company car and then bought it. It was regularly serviced at a main dealer and looking thru the bills I cannot find a replacement MAF (so assuming original still fitted).
The numbers are as follows: Main body 0280217531, sensor F00C2G2030.
The motor is a CF2 version.
On the basis of this I will be visiting a Vauxhall dealer.

By the way, does anybody know what actually fails on these things.

Also Marelli does one that fits, are they not to be touched as well?

Last edited by Philjay50; 25-04-10 at 15:52.
AO Member

ah thank you, davealfa11
AO Gold Member

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philjay50 View Post
I confess I have found this all a bit confusing. So I have just gone outside and pulled the MAF from my 2000 V6. Had this puppy from nearly new as a comp-any car and then bought it. It was regularly serviced at a main dealer and looking thru the bills I cannot find a replacement MAF. The numbers are as follows: Main body 0280217531, sensor F00C2G2030.
The motor is a CF2 version.
On the basis of this I will be visiting a Vauxhall dealer.

By the way, does anybody know what actually fails on these things.

Also Marelli do one that fits, are they not to be touched as well?
yours is correct for cf2 motor cf3 motor uses 0280218054 and sensor in side is F00C 2G2 044
AO Member

yip thats the sensor inside mines (0280218054 and sensor in side is F00C 2G2 044)
costs a small fortune for a few circuits and bit of plastic, that measures air flow,
AO Member

Member car:

saxo vtr

Whats the score with the Vauxhall ones then?

Do they do the exact same thing? I read somewhere about different sensors reading different measurements or air or something similar? Surely that cant be right if theyve got the same part numbers??
AO Silver Member

i've just gone through all this and found it a bit confusing.

too much to ask, but could the experts not (make an as complete as possible) list for each engine type in a single post?

2.5 cf1, cf2 cf3 etc.
2.0 cf1 and so on?
I cant imagine a maf from a v6 would be the same as a 1.6?!
AO Gold Member

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

Quote:
Whats the score with the Vauxhall ones then?

Do they do the exact same thing? I read somewhere about different sensors reading different measurements or air or something similar? Surely that cant be right if theyve got the same part numbers??
what i know about sensors are they read different voltages/airflow they usually read same peak voltage flow but lower in curve of scale voltage is different

**********030 from what ive read into with part no's is that its used in vauxhaul
put it this way if same sensor is in a ferrari maf housing would you pay same as fiat panda so to speak

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
156 , maf , read , suprise

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page