ECU Reset - It's A Miracle Cure !!!! - Page 8 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 5Likes

AO Member

County: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronan View Post
Can't logically see them do any harm at all....other than using a wee bit more petrol...you've nothing to lose.

Try it & tell us your result,Jesamel.
Have bottled it so far!! Car does seem to run well anyway, so probably no point in doing it for the sake of it - but am just a bit curious to see what would happen if I did............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Down
Garage
Only do it if u need to,Jesamel.....you chicken !!
AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
Put a new radio/cd player in the car yesterday, and while the battery was disconnected i thought i'd give the ecu/throttle reset a go,the car really does seem to be a little better, it ticks over a bit smoother, pulls a little better and even the gear changes seem smoother (it's a sele) did'nt turn the car red or move the engine to the middle though! shame!!

AO Member

County: Buenos Aires
Garage
Does this work on 145/146 2.0 with aluminium engine top?
AO Member

County: Buenos Aires
Garage
Does this needs to be performed with the key always in? I mean, from the moment I disconnect the battery the ignition key should be inserted???
AO Member

147 2.0 throttle reset

Just done the throttle reset (147 2.0)
Car was running pretty well previously apart from revs were a bit "up and down" during idle

After the reset idle is now perfect, and engine seems to run smoother during short bursts of acceleration / deceleration.
Can't say I really notice any difference in performance although it does seem to pull a bit better in second (although that may be my imagination!!),
AO Member

County: East Sussex
i recently (being a bloke) played with my mito... wasnt such a great idea though! i took the bleed valve off my recirc valve thinking it would vent to amosphere rather than chuck it back around the turbo. all the lights went nuts after 30 minutes of driving. so iv put it all back to standard now and all lights are off apart from engine light? will the reset make this go away as im pretty sure there isnt a problem its just had abit of a panic attack it was getting too much boost.
AO Member

County: East Sussex
just fyi it got rid of the engine light on my mito.

cant say i noticed any different in performance but glad it made the light dissapear!

thanks

Dan

Domingos

Climate control issues , well I thought Alfa had a real useless system , untill i found that my cabin filter had never been correctly changed , i found that there where two small filters installed instead of the one large one .
As a result the first filter was always changed and the second one remained unseen in the cavity , since its underneith the dashboard , with access from the passenger footwell it only became evident when the cover wold not correctly clip in to place , what an experiance I now have a working system.
AO Member

I have done this at the weekend to my 147 2.0TS. I had a very rough idle speed, anywherre from 500rpm to 1250rpm, which was really starting to get to me. After doing this the difference is simply unbelievable! I have no more rough idle, power delivery is much smoother as well and to top it all off the MPG is up by about 4-5! I also had a fault on a ABS sensor, it would fail if my foot was held on the brake for anymore than a minuite, this seems to be sorted as well now! I know a cpl of other alfa owners and was on the phone to them as soon as i got back from my blast, it really is as advertised, The Miracle Cure, well for mine anyways

County: Setúbal

Last edited by D'Alessandro; 08-06-10 at 16:13.
AO Member

County: Ticino
2005, 2.0JTS
Its 'lumpy' and hunting when coasting at lower speeds
Worth doing ? Or, ..... ?
Advice

County: South Ayrshire
cam shaft positioning sensor

Hi Guys
I have just had my cylinder head done on my 156 veloce 1.6l a few months ago and when I got it from the garage it ran great for 24hrs althought the engine management light was on, my mechanic assured me it would prob. go off in a few days and it did the next day. The followng day it came back on and the car was driving in limp home mode so we put the code reader onto it and it returned the cam positioning sensor(which was fine before the engine work) anyway I bought a new one and had it fitted and the car was great for 5 days then the same problem started again lights on and cars in limp home mode, this is really getting to me as I do love to drive my alfa has anyone any ideas my car is a 2001 model so it is getting on but I have spent a fortune and the car looks like new. The frustrating thing is its not in limp home all the time when its running properly it runs like new too, I hope someone has an idea what is happening.
Thanks James
AO Silver Member

Quote:
2005, 2.0JTS
Its 'lumpy' and hunting when coasting at lower speeds
Worth doing ? Or, ..... ?
Advice
MY 2003 156 JTS had an uneven idle, especially with the climate on, and some hesitancy at low speeds. Following the ECU and throttle reset procedure has made a big difference, the idle is much better but still not perfect. You really having nothing to lose giving it a try - as long as you have the code for the radio that is....
AO Member

County: Kent
Did the old reset this weekend. Now when I get the key int MAR the blower flaps seem to cycle right round and I can hear them clunking behind the dash and then they do it again once the engine has started. Anyone had this? It's starting to become annoying

Vince
AO Member

County: Ticino
I'm gonna try it tomorrow morning
I'll let you know... ?? "fingers crossed"
may'be a sleepless night tonight, unless of course, a 'dram or two will help'
AO Silver Member

County: Down
Garage
.....can't do any harm....find the throttle reset on it's own to be the better option.
AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire
hi just a quick question, 1. will this work for my 99 GTV 2.0, and secondly, is there any chance that if i do the reset i will lose the code for the key, as i only have the 1 key at the moment, and i don't want to reset it to find that i then can't start it
dg147

Tried this last night, albeit with my car running perfectly fine beforehand.

Yes there is a slight increase in speed, but I'm more impressed with the low down torque that seems to have appeared. Not bad.

I just hope that it's also sorted out the fuel consumption as it is getting completely ridiculous at the moment.

Cheers

Darren

AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire
update to my own question, i tried the reset anyway, and pleased to report No, effect on the key code
airwave88

Did it on my 2.4 20v as well, idle seems smoother and the car definitely leaves a smaller smoke trail behind than it used to. I'll do a tank refill tomorrow and will check fuel consumption as well.

County: Lancashire
my air bag light is on how do i reset it
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don don View Post
my air bag light is on how do i reset it
You buy a OBD reader that has been preped fro the Air-bag reset function, use alfadiag or fiats application dont remember the name.. then you just reset the codes.

Or

you go to a garage and let them reset the code.
AO Member

County: -
2.4 jtd

I've just tried this on my 02 jtd and it does work! Not a massive difference, but it is better, quicker and smoothr. Let's see if saves me any diesel!
AO Member

County: -
Just been on a 70 mile round trip to sheffield and yeqh it drives better more so in lower revs but my battery light is on!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
cure , ecu , miracle , reset