hi there i did the same with my sportwagon a few years back drilled took out the fitting from the bodywork drilled a hole in the broken off piece and the main part got a 1 inch panel pin cut the head off and super glued the pin in both ends of the catch works brilliant never touched it since hope this helps.
All sorted. An Ikea allen key is as near as makes no difference the same diameter as the original pin. I rrilled a 5mm hole about 5mm deep in the bit of plastic where the original pin was. I then cut a short length of rod from the allen key, rounded off the end with a file, and glued it in my freshly drilled hole with epoxy resin. Works a treat.