(Rtfm) .. Read the manual i'm guessing... done that, prefer to talk things out.
New clutch kit has arrived but i'm not convinced that it's the problem (okay, i'm hoping it's not the problem)
So.. the symptoms, from the top
(if your all still reading
1. Engine off, clutch pedal depressed/released - all gears selectable (g'box selector shafts/cables okay)
2. Engine started and idles in neutral - normal diesel noises, no noise from g'box/clutch area (release bearing not worn/chattering)
3. Engine started and idles in neutral with clutch pedal depressed/released - again no undue noises (release bearing ok?)
4. Engine started, in neutral, clutch depressed fully - will not go into gear - clutch dragging/chaffing noise (incorrect travel, leaky hydraulics?)
5. G'box in any gear, engine started - clutch dragging/chaffing/burning HOWEVER when clutch released car will drive as normal no undue noises, no judder.
6. Visual check clutch pedal action - correct, no slop
7. Visual check master cylinder behind pedal - clean, no leaks good fit with and pedal action
8. Removed battery&box, visual inspection of clutch slave cylinder - dry and clean, easily 16-18 mm travel (within specs.) when pedal depressed
9. Visual check hydraulic damper and all lines - clean, no leaks
10. Bled [clutch] hydraulics from slave cylinder (nipple open>clutch pedal in>nipple closed>pedal out>rinse&repeat) - two tiny air bubbles seen but NO change in operation (dragging/chaffing/burning)
A. I've either NOT bled the clutch correctly - is there another way??
B. The release bearing is buggered and has reduced the travel - but no noises??
C. Clutch diaphram finger things buggered - but no noises and will drive as nomal??
.. gotta be the hydraulics
(A, B or C and supporting arguments on the back of a self addressed envelope)