Help Please - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 23-12-09 Thread Starter
County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Member car:

Help Please

I have a 02/52 156 Selespeed that i started up the other morning and there was smoke coming out of the Engine bay and the heater packed up completely. But i set off driving and about 15 miles down the road it almost cut out on me but kept itself going then about 200 yards further up the road i packed and would not restart. I got it towedback to my house that evening and went to take it off the trailor the following morning andthen it started again. I have not tried to start it since. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be.
I have had lots of problems with the car including having a reconditioned gearbox fitted, th cambelt done after it broke, the petrol gauge des not work properly either and before the heater packed up completely no heat would go to the footwells. Also it is now drinking about a litre of selespeed oil every 2 months and has a small leak from the gearbox.

Can anyone help with some info for me please.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Sponsored Links
Posts: n/a need to get someone to look at it asap...and in the meantime do not drive it !!

AO Member
County: Western Isles

Member car:

Alfa Red GT Q2

Heater packing in suggests water loss - which means the smoke was probably steam. If you are lucky you just have a burst radiator or hose. Unfortunately driving without water until the engine stops usually cooks the head at best.....

Did you have anti-freeze in the coolant system?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT