Who's good with a GT 2.0 JTS engine - some pics - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 20-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTS 2.0

Who's good with a GT 2.0 JTS engine - some pics

So engine is mainly clean after 63K of fun, but noticed a gungy oil around the side and botom of air intake and notice a pipe coming from the crankcase that seems to show a leak and hence sprayed the intake. It looks like a breather , but goes into an alloy unit attached to a long pipe which I have no idear about.

I taken some pics that hopefully will show those who know the unit well what this is. My oil consumption is highish, and this kind of leak does look like more tar'y processed oil rather than neat so not so worried about a leak. More my MCSF light has been on around 6 months, always registering a random rich when going into open circuit, so maybe this could be affecting air intake enough to fool the ECU ?

2 pics show above view with zig-zag the oily area underneath, a sticky, gooey black sludge ( top arrow is pointing to what seems like a connector to the crankcase not the pipe directly into the intake - although would like to know what that one is too ) and same view taken from under ( just planted the camera and snapped ).

So does anyone know what these pipes are, where they go and how important they are. The ends seem very loosely bound so if any vacuum is required I reckon its on the limite and corrosion seems to have started.

I have the service manual but its so difficult to pin this down, so hoping some of you may know this area and what is does exactly

Attached Images
File Type: jpg top.jpg (44.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg bottom.jpg (48.5 KB, 36 views)

There's nothing in the dark that isn't there in the light ..... except fear

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

engine , good , jts , pics