JTS Temp needle fluctuations - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 18-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTS 2.0

JTS Temp needle fluctuations

So noticed this week on my GT 2.0 JTS for the first time ever that my temp needle moves between 85 and 90 periodically on a m/w run when warm.

From cold, staight upto just below temp 90 in the normal manner
Then the needle holds at 90 for about 10 secs, it moves down to 85 over around 5 secs, holds there for a while, then back upto 90 in 5 secs again. And so it continues
If the car is idle in traffic the needle routes itself just below 90 and stays there

So what is going on ? Can there be any system control that runs such a periodic action. And why only on m/w driving

Should I be worried ? before this week I would say it always went up just below 90 and stayed there until switch of, so something has changed, maybe just the cold weather ?

There's nothing in the dark that isn't there in the light ..... except fear
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire
Hi there
sounds to me like you could have a slight air lock in your cooling system, but dont forget its really cold at the moment so the termostat is working hard trying to keep the car running at a constant temperature. so when it opens the pump will circulate around the rad and cool quite rapid cos of the outside temp and thus the cycle begins. but when stuck in trafic there is no cool air working through the rad so the temp will be constant. this is more likely than a air lock! my jts hovers over the 90 mark because the rad is knackered but not worried untill it warms up a bit.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 19-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTS 2.0

Thanks yorky. Guess we're not the only things that react differently in the cold

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fluctuations , jts , needle , temp