CUPHOLDER, No Really.. - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1265
County: Waikato

Member car:

Gtv V6

'design flaw', LOL. The 164 and 166 never have cupholders either. I'm fairly certain the Italians deliberately don't include cupholders, rather than forgetting to include them. But my FIAT Punto had a token effort (two circular holes). Perhaps it depends on their target market, and they feel that cupholders are a 'cheap car' feature. Kinda like how British Leyland deliberately didn't put a hatchback on the Princess, as that would have looked like it was in competition with the cheaper cars. Someone decreed that it had to have a boot lid instead.

Is the 156 centre armrest useful as the base for a cup holder? Mine has the magnetic lid and a shallow tray within, lined with the 'quilted' foam. I guess you could make a taller box that fits securely within.

I also bought a cupholder that fits into the window seal and sits against the door trim. I haven't had the chance to try that yet with an actual cup (or more likely, drink can).

'00 GTV V6, '08 FIAT 500, shell and parts for a '71 FIAT 850 Coupe
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 27 Old 18-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire
You are right, the glovebox is dreadful. They could have put a couple of cup holes in the inside of the lid then it wouldnt be quite as useless.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT