147 Side light failure warning - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 M-JetTD

147 Side light failure warning

My front left dimmed headlamp went the other day and I decided to replace the lamps with halogen bulbs from halfords. When the headlamp failed there was no dashboards warning, however now that I have replaced the bulbs I have a dashboard warning saying the sidelight has failed. Any ideas how I stop this warning appearing as all the bulbs are fine!!

Whilst I'm at it my lighter socket in the car has died which is a pain as I cant charge my sat-nav or ipod. I assume becuase of where it is its a full dashboard rip out job to replace, any ideas what I can do to repair sus the problem out short of ripping the lot out???
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.4 JTD

Headlight bulbs are not on the warning circuit. Sidelights are Try removing and refiting sidelight bulb and if that dosent work replace it. From memory there slightly odd as they are six watt halogen. You local car parts shop should have one.
Check fuse for the lighter socket
AO Member
County: Cheshire
I have this same issue too since a few days ago (crap English just then I know, lol).

It says Left Side Light failure warning or something like that when my car powers up and the yellow exclamation mark stays up even though all lights are fine...
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire
The cig lighter will be a fuse.

Funnily enough, my cig lighter fuse packed up when I changed the near-side side light! lol

My error went straight away, and then returned with number plate light failure! and the light wasnt broke at all.

Gotta love Italian Electrics eh?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , failure , light , side , warning