CD player - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Graham P
CD player

I've just discovered a 6 CD changer in my boot that I will never use as my CD player is mp3 compatible. Will it be an use taking it out and selling it? I don't know much about them to be honest
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: East Sussex

Member car:

Mito. 3.7 A/D GT

A six CD changer...? Are you sure? The V6s came with a 10 CD changer as far as I was aware - mine has a 10 CD changer, tucked into the side cupboard on the lefthand side of the boot.

If you have an ipod/MP3 lead hooked up to the back of your car stereo, you'll be setting the stereo to the CDC (CD Changer) setting to use it, which means the CD changer isn't connected anyway.

No harm in taking it out, I couldn't tell you if it's worth anything though. Perhaps ask on the forums if anybody is looking for one, if there's a buyer out there, I would expect them to be on this forum!
I've got a 6-CD unit as well, even if everyone (ePer included) mention a 10-CD one.
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

my GT had a 10-disc Blaupunkt CD changer.

to be of value to sell, you will want to remove the cable too. not a massive job, but not quick either. it runs from behind the storage box passed the rear seats and under the door sill, to behind the headunit. and from memory (of seeing it; i've left mine in place though) it's secured in place with the wiring looms, so not just a matter of pulling it through. if you end up needing to take out the back seat side trim, the whole rear seat needs to be removed first.

the cable should be available separately though. so the buyer could buy one, but you/they should factor that into the price for the CD changer alone.

GT . 3.2 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red . Eibach . KONI . ASSO . ATP 19" . TAROX . FERODO . Mille Miglia exhaust
155 . 2.0 8V TS . Grigio Grey - Grey . H&R coilover . Enkei 17" . TAROX . GOODRIDGE . REMUS
75 . 3.0 . Alfa Red - Grey
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
If you sell the changer you won't get more than 20 or so. They are not highly sought after in the MP3/Ipod age.

I think you would be better leaving it in the car TBH for the hassle it will cause removing it.
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands
as a buyer, its great to put one in for just 30

as a seller, its a PITA to take out for just 30
AO Gold Member
County: Kent
Also, the car may be more attractive with the cd changer when you sell it on. I would leave it in.
Graham P
Cheers all. It stays then

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT