bonnet cable/147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 30-11-09 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 237
County: Moray
bonnet cable/147

Hi everyone , those of you who have been into bonnet catch problems might be able to help me on this one. I thought at first all that was needed was lubing but it looks like the cable has too much movement and prevents the catch mechanism from returning to a catching position so I am thinking there should be a cable restraint somewhere missing, because getting under the 147 bonnet slam seems inaccessable, its difficult to see whats missing, if at all. The cable is held under the spring in the catch mechanism but the whole cable is pulled towards the catch when you open the bonnet but then gets held there so disallowing the catch to return to rest for closing operations.

Has anyone had this in bits or remembered anything about how its held,on the 156 there is a special plastic guide linking the cable fro the inner wheel arch to under the nearside slam panel. The 147 or this 147 does not perhaps this is the bit I am looking for?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bonnet , cable or 147