Power stearing leak 147 jtd - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 30-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 JTD

Power stearing leak 147 jtd

I have a 2002/3 147 Jtd RHD, the power stearing fluid is leaking but i can't find the leak. Its not from around the resevoir or from the rack but it is close, i'm assuming its coming from the low pressure return pipe but access to this is difficult, I took it to a garage and they said that it would need the car for a few days to give them time to take out the whole front member ect so they can get access. This sounds extremly expensive for a hose leak. The leak is a small one so i'm assuming its low pressure and it takes a couple if weeks + to empty the resevoir. Can anyone give me any advise on what to do. Eg is there an easy way to access this return pipe, from the top maybe. Is it a difficult job accessing it from underneath and would it require a proessional to do it.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Kent
The power steering pipes to and from the cooler, are prone to corrosion, have a quick search you'll pull up an awfull lot on them

I had mine go last winter, *******ing fluid everywhere it was, couple or three hundred quid for a dealer to supply and fit, i think the pipe itself was 128.

AO Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

Hi ive had two 147s in in the last couple of months and both had leaked from the pipes leading along the offside inner wing right buy the "clamp" that holds them from moving around near the serpentine belt. Take off the o/s wheel start her up then watch for loss or feel the pipes running along the inner wing dierctly above the crankshaft wheel.My solution was to cut the offending pipe and sleeve it inexpensive repair.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , jtd , leak , power , stearing