Is this the start of things to come..... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa GT

Chilling Is this the start of things to come.....

I've had my GT nearly 5 years now and still love it.

It's only the 1.9JTD in Alfa Red but its nippy, it handles, it's only done 40K and has a full dealer ticket .....however....... in the past few months Iíve started to have problems and im wondering is this a sign of things to come??

It started with the EGR failing (I thought the engine had blown!), then only a month ago the clutch slave cylinder failed. Then since fixing that the fuel gauge has become temperamental.

Although these were relatively cheap fixes (i haven't fixed the fuel gauge yet) I hope the cars not at the age where things start to fail frequently.

Ref the latest fault, fuel gauge, it seemed to have started since removing the battery to gain access to clutch slave cylinder. When I re-assembled the car and took it for a test drive I noticed the gauge read completely empty when prior it was above the red. I immediately put £30 in and then on each start since, the gauge either displays 1/4 OR 1/2 a tank sporadically.

Reading other threads I note that some gauges have played-up soon after carrying out work on the cars...could this be an earthing problem having disturbed the battery I wonder?

To top it off while driving home from Brum last night i had a 'rear fog light failure' warning illuminate on the dashboard yet, and you guessed it, the rear fog light works fine!

Don't you just love'em.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

BMW 325i SE E92

I sincerely hope not as mine is a similiar age and mileage. Yes you do love em warts and all. No idea on the problems but a loose connection or earth seems a likely problem. Mine occasionally throws up a MCSF which is a loose connection.

Good luck in tracing it

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

start , things