good news re cloning 147 keys. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 19-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

good news re cloning 147 keys.

Im having an 03 kangoo key cloned by remote keys ltd and whilst chatting to the company the guy mentioned that they have had a leaflet through from a company that are selling the equipment to clone 147 keys.He said this is quite a leap forward and at some point he may buy the equipment.Also as i understand it the car has to be available.Because of this i will keep watching out for any developments.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

Still wouldn't use them but it should drive down the cost at the stealers.
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 20-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

I apreciate a cloned key will not have remote central locking etc but for piece of mind its great that it wont be long before you can buy "affordable" cloned keys as a back up if you only have one key for your 147 etc.
AO Platinum Member
I think it has been doable for a while, but the only option for a fully functioning key (ie remote-locking & alarm) is still only from Alfa.
AO Member
County: Antrim

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.5 V6

I might get one as a backup as I only have one key.

good news.
Most good auto locksmiths can do you a key for the 147. As far as i`m aware although some companys are working on cloning the chips on these at the moment (Megamos id48) no ones there yet he may be getting mixed up with the Phillips id46 which has just been cracked buy Silca,Bianchi and JMA. There are two ways of doing it one is to order new keys and codes from the dealer and program them diagnosticly most auto locksmiths can do this. The other way is a bit more complicated all the information that is needed to create the chips you would order from the dealer and the pass code that you need to program them is stored on a eprom chip (erasable,Programable,Read,Only,Memory) In the Immobiliser. This information can be extracted fairly easily with the right equipment and some seriously good soldering skills. This information can then be used to create new keys and the code extracted can be used to program new or second hand remotes the chips in second hand remotes need to be changed for new ones as the old ones will be locked during programing. You will find there are fewer people that are able to do this but we are out there just need to look a little harder. And yes its a hell of a lot cheaper than going to the dealer

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , cloning , good , keys , news