Lost performance - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 19-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Western Cape

Member car:

ALFA 147

Help Lost performance

Hey Guys

Three days ago I was driving my alfa 147 with an empty gas tank (foolish me) and the car lost power in the middle of the road. Luckily it wasnt a busy road. I pulled the car on the side of the road and switched the ignition off after about 1 minute.

Tried to start the car again (I didnșt know that was a bad idea neither was it a logical decision) but the car wouldnt start for reasons which later became obvious to me.

Anyway, I called a friend to get me some gas. I poured four litters of petrol into the tank, switch the ignition on and off, as I was recommended somewhere after I google the solution on the spot, and the car started at my first attempt and no funny sounds of any sorts could (can) be heard, but...
when I drove away, I noticed a significant loss of performance. It now feels like the car is very heavy and I when I press the accelerator hard the car doesnt move as fast as it used to.

I want to take it to a mechanic but first I want to know could have gone wrong. Ive driven it for about 100km since the problem and except for the loss of performance I dont see anything else wrong.

Based on this little piece of information, is there anyone out there who could tell me what a possible problem might be?
Im thinking of taking it in for service and not sure that might solve the problem.

Second problem, my car was involved in a small accident and now I cant read my oil level from the dipstick. When I insert the dipstick to see the oil level I see oil everywhere on the dipstick and not just on the Low Full scale. The oil seems to reach even the springs of the dipstick. Could it be a faulty dipstick?
Thanks a gazillion guys
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Kent
Clogged fuel filter?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

lost , performance