Minor prang tonight - 156 parts needed! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 18-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Devon
Minor prang tonight - 156 parts needed!

Skidded on wet leaves tonight when driving home and hit a grass bank. Consequently need the following parts for my 1999 1.8 TS. Is anyone breaking an Alfa Red series 1 156 within 50miles of Ottery St Mary in Devon?

I need;
Front bumper complete (solid red if possible)
N/S foglight,
N/s plastic wheelarch liner including litttle removable plastic hatch (the bit you take off to get at the gearbox drain plug)
N/S metal bumper / undertray support (the strut which bolts to the inner wing and locates the rear edge of the bumper and undertray).
Oil cooler metal elbows (engine oil is dripping out from the pipework which runs under the air filter box when the engine is running - I suspect a fractured metal bit!)

I don't want to claim on my insurance as I suspect they would write the car off (and I had got everything working nicely over the last few months!)

Reply on here or with a PM if you can help.
Many thanks,
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Perth and Kinross

I've got a bumper (reasonable condition last time I looked at it) in rosso red, foglight, arch linings and a complete oil cooler (don't think the elbows detach, but I could be wrong).

Thinking about it...it's water that runs in the pipes, so you'd maybe better check that's where it's coming from.

I'm not exactly local, but I know a cheap courier ;-)

(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 18-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Devon
Hi Iain,
Thanks for the quick offer. If nothing more local pops up over the next 24 hours, I may need to go down the postage/carrier route.
I haven't remover the oil cooler ( I want to keep the car mobile in my drive), so I don't know exactly where the leak is coming from. All I can see is engine oil dripping off the elbows under the airbox which lead to the oil cooler.
How much would you need to send the bits to Devon?
AO Silver Member
County: Down

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

If u do go down the insurance way & they write it off,ask them if you can buy it back for a nominal fee.
Thus some spare cash to do it up again...and hopefully not too much of a rise in your next premium.

I've done it and was pleasantly surprised.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , minor , needed , parts , prang , tonight