156 2.4JTDm Thermostat replacement - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.4jtd

Always below 70, and nearer 60 if the heater is on.

But given the thermostat seems to be working, then next step is I'll check out the sensor/gauge.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Kent
i have the same issues on mine, at the moment with air temps at around 0'c the guage only just hits 50 in teh height of the summer it went up to about 70 and only ever got as far as 90 when i was letting it have it round the nurburgring in 30'c heat, ive had a macscan plugged into it and driven down the road and that showed ecu seeing a temp of only 68 deg and the guage was showing around 60 so im guessing my stats had it as well, the heater does get nice and hot though and chucks out warm air after driving about 3 miles even today when it was -1'c outside
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
I changed mine (16v JTD) because the temp was "low" about 70 ish, it immediately returned to 90 i.e. "normal". I recently was sifting through old MoT certs and saw the temperature for the previous emission tests to be 88, this was in the period when it was "low". So was the fault with the sensor built into the thermostat? I think that is a "yes". Why else would Alfa supply a new one every time, it's a con! The only reliable means of testing water temperature is with a thermometer, it's cheaper and much less hassle to pop down to Maplin (other stores are available) and buy one 18 in this case.

Pocket Infrared Thermometer : Enviroment Testers : Maplin

Brilliant Blue 156 GTA SportWagon | Q2 | KW V1 Coil-overs | Eibach ARB | Wiecher Strut Bar | Wizard Cat-Back

2009 Fiat Panda 100 HP Stealth Edition

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , 24jtdm , replacement , thermostat