Kiszel ! re: selespeed problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 02-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member
Kiszel ! re: selespeed problem

your inbox is full , cannot send an answer...
Hi Rarebear,

Was browsing this forum and noticed that you seem to be in the know about such issues and wondered if you could help me. I have a 147 2.0 Selespeed.

I've recently been having problems with a really jerky drive when pulling away in 1st gear, this happens when in City Mode or Manual. The strange thing is it's only happening when the engine temp gets high / hot. Driving first thing in the morning or when the engine is cold is completely fine but when in gridlocked traffic I have real problems. The cars revs go really high and come crashing back down causing the car to jerk forwards really violently. Only last Friday it came up with a Selespeed System Failure after one of these jerks and cut out. I'm confident its not the actuator because it only does it when the cars warm. I've recently had a full timing belt service and look after the car well but this problem is really frustrating.

I took the car to an Alfa dealership today and they plugged it in. It came up with a few intermittent warnings but nothingthat has permanent damage, the guy said that it could possibly be the clutch, they did an "end of line calibration" and shortened the clutch plunger, topped up the selespeed oil and told me to see how I go. Allthough the problem has got better, when I drove tonight in traffic and idled the car the problem came back, all be it not so bad but still bad enough. It happens more when sitting on a uphill gradient.

Any ideas Rarebear?? I appreciate any light you can shed.

Rarebear 'fastest piston engine airplane in the world' 4000 hp twinspark (!) radial engine.
Thta's what we call an ENGINE>>>>

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

kiszel , problem , selespeed