fancy bits - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire
fancy bits

Was looking at a nice shiny gear knob in Halfords,reckon i can change that easy enough,but was looking at some smart pedals with red inserts,i think they were sparco or something,they looked good,how easy is it to get the alfa ones off,do they clip off,or is it a faff?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

the clutch and brake pedals have simple rubber pads that slip atop the metal baseplate. very easy to pull off.

metal pedal pads typically need some holes drilled through the pedals to bolt them into position. pretty easy job if you have the right tools. i suggest using a hammer and pointy object (eg: spare screw) to 'punch' a small 'surface hole' into the metal pedal to use as a pilot hole (so that the drill bit doesn't slip away).

accelerator is plastic, so easy to drill. you just need to line up the holes in suitable positions so that there is space behind for the nuts/washers.

i've just bought some Zender pedal pads for my 155 (which currently have some MOMO ones which are a little chav). i also had the Zender on my old 156. not cheap, but classy.

gear knobs are bonded/glued into position. you may need to start by sawing it (with a hacksaw or similar). then split it off. a heatgun may also help soften the glue. MOMO is my preferred brand.

GT . 3.2 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red . Eibach . KONI . ASSO . ATP 19" . TAROX . FERODO . Mille Miglia exhaust
155 . 2.0 8V TS . Grigio Grey - Grey . H&R coilover . Enkei 17" . TAROX . GOODRIDGE . REMUS
75 . 3.0 . Alfa Red - Grey
The gearknob is not glued at all, you can pull it up without much trouble. Well, I punched myself in the face with the knob, but other than my pride, nothing got damaged.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bits , fancy