Picked up my new wheels! Now need some 17" tyres... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-10-09 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1265
County: Waikato

Member car:

Gtv V6

Cheese Picked up my new wheels! Now need some 17" tyres...

I am so happy - today I collected the wheels I bought in an auction a week ago. They were sold by someone I already knew - a FIAT Club member

Before driving to Auckland, I replaced my front brake hoses - I think you'll see why

I have always had a secret fetish for spiky wheels... and it got stroked when I saw that link someone posted to a Dutch 147 site where everyone was showing off their wheels

These came off a 156 when nearly-new, and looking at the wheels, I can believe it... they have had tyres fitted (and original aluminium-coated balance weights on the inside rim), but it certainly doesn't look like they've travelled very far - all four are so shiny and new, I'm thrilled. Actually I had to go and have a cold shower

I remember many wheels that I liked were 'Toora' - and I was surprised to find that very name on the inside of the spokes, along with Alfa Romeo, Made In Italy, etc.

The price I paid was $575 (226 pounds) for the set of four.

My 156 had new brake discs fitted just days before I bought it, but unfortunately the garage didn't paint the discs (I suppose nobody paints discs except me), so the orange rust was showing through the wheels, more by the day. In the weekend (in preparation for the new wheels), I got stuck in - wet-sanded all the rust off (240 grit paper), then dried (quickly!) and etch-primed, followed by silver paint. Managed to get all four discs done, so they will no longer look shameful behind the wheels I'll also buy some chrome bolts and paint my calipers with gold paint for that original look.

Now I just need to buy some new 17" tyres. Mentioned this on another thread but it got lost without replies Looking for low-noise... I'm thinking of Kumho Ecsta 711's. If anyone has anything to suggest, please suggest...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5794.jpg (50.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5798.JPG (59.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5795.jpg (63.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5796.JPG (66.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5810.JPG (89.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5827.jpg (44.6 KB, 8 views)

'00 GTV V6, '08 FIAT 500, shell and parts for a '71 FIAT 850 Coupe

Last edited by alexGS; 28-10-09 at 11:39.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cheshire
If you didn't live in New Zealand, I would track you down and nick your wheels.

I'm after a set of those for my 147.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

« Hid ? | 147 key fob »