PO300 Random Misfire - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 09-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire
PO300 Random Misfire

I wonder if anyone could put me at rest as to the possible problems with my lovely alfa.

Last night driving home on the motorway all going well and then a change in the way the car felt I slowed down and it felt a little juddery but continued to be able to change power but obviously decided to slow down, noticed the orange engine management light flicking on and off, I pulled over on the hard shoulder called the RAC guy out (who was brilliant!!) now his laptop showed a PO300 Random Misfire error.

He then checked the wiring plugs etc the comments on his report are

Misfire Engine light on , Misfire no 4 clylinder, Inject pulse okay, HT Seems okay.

I had to get her towed home as was quite a distance away and he mentioned probably best incase the cat gets knackered, the car continued to run whilst waiting for the RAC to turn up all be it lumpy and a louder exhaust noise from the engine area, and it started okay when I got back to my house so I could park it.

Any ideas what I could be looking at I have the car booked in on Monday at Alfaworkshops but just need to prepare myself financially If I need too.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mary Whitehouse : `The love that dare not speak its name'

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

misfire , po300 , random