Passenger window switch doesnt work - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Cry Like A Baby Passenger window switch doesnt work

Hi there, the missus bought an Alfa 147 1.6 and the front passenger window has a problem.

The passenger side switch doesn't work, but the driver's side control does.

I've had the passenger switch out to have a look. Toggling it one way shorts two of the connections, toggling the other seems to reduce the resistance to 1000ohms (same connections)

I dont know how the switches are supposed to be wired, any ideas? If it's not the switch could it be the other end of the wire? any ideas where i should be looking?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Replace the switch. Or take it apart. I had a problem on the switch on my 156. Replaced it. Worked fine. Took the other one appart and found the contact were fouled (shame I broke i getting it out or I could have fixed it).)
Our passenger door switch does exactly the same thing. But occaissionally it works, I think it's something to do with the plug from the door to the body and the resistance changing.
County: Al Qahirah

Member car:

146 1.6 - boxer

related question

Sorry guys I couldn't help myself but ask what is the correct behavior of the window switch. On my 146 1.6 the driver window switch works in two modes

1. very short click up or down will move the window all the way up or all the way down
2. a long click up or down will move the window a small step up or small step down

The passenger switch only have one behavior as of #2 above.

Is that correct? it is very convenience to have behavior #1 too for the passenger window switch.
dont know about your 146 but my 156 the passenger window does the same as the drivers

i.e auto drop and lift
AO Gold Member
Sorry - but the 147 panel is unlike the 156 and 147 - its actually a CANbus node controller and if you have ruled out the switch, and the motor itself, you may need a new panel - and one properly coded onto the car at that.

The push button on the door is just an inout to the body computer.

I cant tell from your post if you the window wont move at all, or wont switch from the drivers or passengers position, pehaps you could elaborate.
the window operates from the driver's side only. passenger side switch has no effect
sometimes the passenger side works, try cleaning it with an electrical switch cleaner

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

passenger , switch , window , work