Cambelt removal Q&A V6
Wanting to remove the cambelt soon to inspect cam for wear and replace noisy lifters, just a few questions before i get started to ease my pain and worrying.
1. Tools, i plan on getting the cam lock tools is that the only special tool i need?
2. Do i lock the cams before or after belt removal, if its before the belts how do you turn over the engine to get it in the right spot, if its after belt removal is it just a matter turning the cams?
3. Do i need to remove anything to remove the cambelt, keeping in mine all tensionsers and pulleys aux belt etc.. were changed at the last belt change 10 months ago, so nothing needs replacement.
4. You dont have to tension anything correct, the tensioners self tension themselves, is that right?
5. Can i reuse the existing rocker/valve cover gaskets, as they are original and only 10 months old at a cost of 240AUD for both, if not where to get replacements at a good price?
6. Once all is taken off can i just remove the suspect cam to get to lifters or is there any special manuevouring to get it out
7. Is it really as hard as i think to remove/replace the belt with such tight space (my real main concern).
Last edited by bruzza; 05-10-09 at 07:10.