BG44K and BG products in general - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 04-10-09 Thread Starter
County: Cheshire

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

BG44K and BG products in general

Hi has anyone had any experience with BG44K in particular or of the other BG additives . decarb products. Would be useful to know. Many thanks
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 4 Old 07-10-09 Thread Starter
County: Cheshire

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

Looking for help here. (Black Beauty / Pat have you or anyone you know had any experience with BG44K you could share?)

I have a 156 2.0 JTS (2005) which to be honest has had such an annoying intermittent issue for over a year now resulting in the dreaded MCSF issue, loss of power and juddering at around 2.5k to 3K rpm range of each gear.

Have read some really interesting posts on here from you guys showing that the most common issues for this are:

1. Spark Plugs / Coil packs
2. Dirty MAF or New MAF required.
3. New Battery and or loose wiring connections on connector blocks.

This BG44K has some pretty strong feedback from many other users

My background is IT & Telecoms and I have no idea about cars so I wondered if this was a quick way of cleaning the MAF and Spark Plugs without having to to do it physically myself.

AO Gold Member
The MaF isnt anywhere near the fuel, so an injector cleaner wont help, these products wont clean the spark plugs either - they just get changed every 60,000 miles/5 years, no need to clean them.

I only use the Forte additives range if you want to try something like that first.
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
If the MAF is getting dirty, then the air filter isn't doing it's job .. either the filter is clogged or there's a air-leak in the filter box letting dirty air through.

If you are planning to clean it I'd only use a PCB cleaning spray that I know will evaporate without leaving any residues. The MAF works on a hot-wire principle and any 'foreign body' could cause it to fail quicker. Cleaning the way might prolong it a bit, but if you are having problems with the MAF then it's on the way out and probably need replacing anyway.

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bg44k , general , products